Anxiety influences how we are in the world. It can be recognized in our uncomfortable feelings, physical symptoms, thoughts and high-energy out of control behavior patterns. Sometimes a vicious cycle can occur and it can begin to cloud judgment and have an effect on lives on a daily basis.
Not only can anxiety aggravate our health, it can damage our happiness, lifestyle and relationships. It is important for people suffering with anxiety to look at the underlying issues as well as learn ways to cope in the here and now.
Below are Nurse The Soul’s 10 natural ways to overcome anxiety in just 5 minutes!
- Progressive Relaxation – Squeeze, Release, Repeat! Focus on the muscles inside your body or take a cloth into your hand and watch your hand as you repeat this exercise.
- Draw – Close your eyes and imagine a peaceful place, then make it come to life in front of your eyes.
- Body Scan – Think of every part of your body one by one, taking a breath for every part you focus on.
- Binaural Beats – Listen to binaural beats (this only works using headphones).
- Mental Image – Visualize what you want to happen to you with your eyes closed in a comfortable position.
- Nature Observation – Watch a plant or an animal and notice how relaxed they are.
- Punch – Let your stress out into a big soft pillow.
- Deep breathing – Inhale through your nose, fill your chest and stomach full with air and exhale slowly out your nose.
- Journaling – Tell a piece of paper how you really feel.
- Positive Affirmations – What is it that is crippling you? If you believe you can’t do something, try telling yourself you can. Repeat the positive affirmation aloud for 5 minutes or write it down over and over again on sticky notes. Place the notes around your home and work space for a week and see how you feel after 7 days.
Don’t allow the anxiety to take over your life and start feeling in control today. Nurse The Soul is here if you need extra support and would like to talk to a professional about what you are experiencing.
Nurse The Soul