• Take a few #moments to go inside and quiet your #mind. Find that still place within yourself and #rest there for a while. • Now think, who are the #people and/or #animals from your past and present that you have loved? You can go all the way back to your #childhood, to #parents, grandparents, nannies, friends, teachers, or pets you had. Did you have a pet as a child whom you felt a special bond? You can focus on those who are alive and special to you now. Do you have a close #friend you #love? • If the people or animals are decreased and you feel sad when you think of them, see if you can put these #feelings aside and focus only on your love for them. Remember that this love never dies. What they gave to you continues to be a resource for you throughout your life. • You might want to #imagine a container made of something strong into which you can put your grief or sadness, or any other painful thoughts or feelings. The container can be a treasure box with a strong lid that you can open when you would like. In the meantime, putting these feelings in there will allow you to focus on the good feelings. • Now bring up an image of a person or animal you love or have loved in the past. Bring the person or animal to mind as strongly as you can. The image should evoke only #positive feelings. For example, you might imagine yourself sitting on your parent’s lap as a child and being read a story. As you bring this image to mind, let yourself feel your love for your parent. Let the feeling of love fill your heart as much as possible. • As you imagine your loving resource person, you can increase the memory by activating the #senses. What are you seeing, smelling, hearing, feeling? Take in this person’s loving #presence. Feel it in your #body. Remember what it feels like to be loved, to be seen. Focus only on positive #imagery and feelings. Put aside any #memories or disappointed feelings. • Continue bringing up images of loving resource people as long as you like. You can bring this #meditation to life afterwards by #drawing or journaling about your #experience. If you have someone you can do this with, you can take turns to read the meditation slowly to one another too. • #Enjoy!
Nurse The Soul | www.nursethesoul.com | Counselling and Psychotherapy in London | #health #Happiness #happy #mind #body #soul #therapy #counselling #psychotherapy #time #thought #relax #quote #qotd #real #good #positive #inspiration
The happier we are, the more we enjoy life. Happiness makes people more sociable and altruistic, it plays a huge part in how we feel about ourselves and others and it strengthens our immune system. If our soul is happy, we are much more likely to be successful in both our personal and professional life.
The bad news is research has found 50% of our happiness is genetically determined… However, the good news is the other 50% depends on our daily lives and the way we think. Research has also found that suppressing negative thoughts and ‘positive thinking’ is more likely to decrease happiness because happiness is to do with acceptance.
So what do we do now? Nurse The Soul has tried and tested these top tips to happiness and we want to share them with you!
- Share your pain – Releasing negative emotions from the past cleanses your mind, body and soul. Venting emotions is also cathartic, if you can’t do this with your friends join a group you can share your feelings with or sign up to a course of psychotherapy.
- Be thankful – Look at the simple beauty surrounding you; things like fresh water, shadows, the way people smile when they are REALLY happy or the way they smile when they are looking at someone they love, a puppy so young it can’t run straight, sunlight touching your skin, you’ll find things you’ve never noticed before if you look close enough. It’s the little things. Why deny yourself the simpler pleasures in life?
- Do something selfish – What makes you feel relaxed and rewarded? Happiness depends on indulging in what make you feel good everyday in order to stimulate your reward system and reinforce the positive choices you are making. Have a bath, go for a run, read a book, watch a sunrise, play with the dog, play with a little kid and be enlightened by their free spirit, feel the grass between your toes or jump on a trampoline! Do anything that gives you a sense of pure JOY.
- Do something selfless – Kindness brings happiness and it’s free! Genuinely ask how someone is and mean it, walk a neighbour’s dog, give someone your seat on the tube… I can assure you they will appreciate it and you will also be blessed with good karma.
- Allow room for mistakes – We all make them. It’s time to accept this is just part of human nature and how we learn. My favourite way to think about this is by imagining a baby learning to walk, how many times do they fall before they take their first few steps!
- Stress less and nourish your body more – Breathe and take a look at Nurse The Soul’s previous posts on dealing with stress and anxiety! Treat your body like something you are looking after, stretch, exercise, eat lots of fruits and vegetables, drink a lot of water and moisturise!
- Patience vs Procrastination – We are not completely in control of everything and we never will be. It takes time to achieve what we really want and it can be intimidating so we can rush things or put things off all together. Acceptance and balance is the secret to success in all areas of life!
- Laugh – Force it if you have to! It is proven that the face you make when you laugh triggers muscle memory which automatically improves your overall mood. It’s almost impossible to laugh whilst thinking a negative thought. Laughs are also infectious for all the right reasons! If you have the ability to brighten your day as well as someone else’s with something so simple – DO IT! I bet you feel even just a little better…
- Love – Feel it, express it, give it and receive it! Love is limitless so embrace it and love as much as possible. Make a plan to remind someone how much you love them and how much they mean to you everyday. Opening your heart brings passion, harmony, happiness and acceptance. Love yourself first and then slowly watch the amount of love that pours into your life.
- Live in the moment – Last but not least, if you knew this was your last day today, what would you be doing? Now why aren’t you doing it? Think about it.
In short, show grace, acceptance, love and kindness. It’s time to start feeling happy in your soul every single day!
Nurse The Soul
#heart #mind #enlightenment #positive #spiritual #therapy