Native American Prayer :
SPREAD THE LIGHT
To the #Source, I pray that you be with us all in times of uncertainty.
To #life, I #pray that in time, you reveal your greatest secrets.
To the #planet, I pray that you find #peace, #healing and stability.
For #humanity, I pray that we see the #light in the #darkness and come to terms with our differences.
To the #plant and #animal kingdom, I pray that you forgive humans for what we’re doing to you. As strange as it sounds, we know not what we do.
To the billionaires pulling the strings in our society, I pray that you return to your #heart and put a stop to the greed and wickedness. I pray you find #compassion for those whose lives you’ve destroyed, confess your sins and embrace the justice coming your way, but it’s coming no matter what you do.
To these people’s victims, I pray you find #forgiveness so you can move forward and make a better #world.
To #religious leaders and #spiritual teachers, I pray you learn that #love is the most important thing you can teach and remember to #practice what you preach.
To their followers, I pray you #learn to find #God in yourself and be aware of your ability to instantly access higher states of #consciousness where you’re one with your #creator.
To my readers, I pray you never look to me or anyone else for what you can only find in yourself, because you’ll be unhappy and depleted of your #authentic #spirituality if you do.
To my friends and family, I pray you can #forgive me for the times I’ve wronged you or made life harder for you.
Finally, for myself, I pray for daily guidance, insight and good vibes from the Source. I pray for food, water, a stable living situation for my family and whatever amount of money the Most High deems appropriate.
Most importantly, I pray for love to sweep the #planet. I pray for people to see the direction in which the world is moving and make a change, and I pray that I can be the #change this #world needs despite my flaws and the fact that I’ve dropped the ball before.
The happier we are, the more we enjoy life. Happiness makes people more sociable and altruistic, it plays a huge part in how we feel about ourselves and others and it strengthens our immune system. If our soul is happy, we are much more likely to be successful in both our personal and professional life.
The bad news is research has found 50% of our happiness is genetically determined… However, the good news is the other 50% depends on our daily lives and the way we think. Research has also found that suppressing negative thoughts and ‘positive thinking’ is more likely to decrease happiness because happiness is to do with acceptance.
So what do we do now? Nurse The Soul has tried and tested these top tips to happiness and we want to share them with you!
- Share your pain – Releasing negative emotions from the past cleanses your mind, body and soul. Venting emotions is also cathartic, if you can’t do this with your friends join a group you can share your feelings with or sign up to a course of psychotherapy.
- Be thankful – Look at the simple beauty surrounding you; things like fresh water, shadows, the way people smile when they are REALLY happy or the way they smile when they are looking at someone they love, a puppy so young it can’t run straight, sunlight touching your skin, you’ll find things you’ve never noticed before if you look close enough. It’s the little things. Why deny yourself the simpler pleasures in life?
- Do something selfish – What makes you feel relaxed and rewarded? Happiness depends on indulging in what make you feel good everyday in order to stimulate your reward system and reinforce the positive choices you are making. Have a bath, go for a run, read a book, watch a sunrise, play with the dog, play with a little kid and be enlightened by their free spirit, feel the grass between your toes or jump on a trampoline! Do anything that gives you a sense of pure JOY.
- Do something selfless – Kindness brings happiness and it’s free! Genuinely ask how someone is and mean it, walk a neighbour’s dog, give someone your seat on the tube… I can assure you they will appreciate it and you will also be blessed with good karma.
- Allow room for mistakes – We all make them. It’s time to accept this is just part of human nature and how we learn. My favourite way to think about this is by imagining a baby learning to walk, how many times do they fall before they take their first few steps!
- Stress less and nourish your body more – Breathe and take a look at Nurse The Soul’s previous posts on dealing with stress and anxiety! Treat your body like something you are looking after, stretch, exercise, eat lots of fruits and vegetables, drink a lot of water and moisturise!
- Patience vs Procrastination – We are not completely in control of everything and we never will be. It takes time to achieve what we really want and it can be intimidating so we can rush things or put things off all together. Acceptance and balance is the secret to success in all areas of life!
- Laugh – Force it if you have to! It is proven that the face you make when you laugh triggers muscle memory which automatically improves your overall mood. It’s almost impossible to laugh whilst thinking a negative thought. Laughs are also infectious for all the right reasons! If you have the ability to brighten your day as well as someone else’s with something so simple – DO IT! I bet you feel even just a little better…
- Love – Feel it, express it, give it and receive it! Love is limitless so embrace it and love as much as possible. Make a plan to remind someone how much you love them and how much they mean to you everyday. Opening your heart brings passion, harmony, happiness and acceptance. Love yourself first and then slowly watch the amount of love that pours into your life.
- Live in the moment – Last but not least, if you knew this was your last day today, what would you be doing? Now why aren’t you doing it? Think about it.
In short, show grace, acceptance, love and kindness. It’s time to start feeling happy in your soul every single day!
Nurse The Soul
#heart #mind #enlightenment #positive #spiritual #therapy
Your #head may be saying different things to your #heart, always #follow your heart. Your head is just filled of other people’s #rights and #wrongs, #deep #inside you know the #truth and what’s right for you. #Listen to yourself over anyone else, listen to your heart. ❤
‘One sees clearly only with the #heart. Anything #essential is #invisible to the #eyes’ – Antoine de Saint #Exupéry #lepetitprice #thelittleprince
I have been unpacking boxes today and found this little #love note from my #daddy to my #beautiful #mama from over twenty years ago… It made me so unbelievably #happy 🙂 Love like this sometimes doesn’t last #forever, but what does… We must be #grateful for all the loves we have and have had in our lives however long they stay, because at one point they will have filled our #hearts with #warmth and our #minds with #dreams. They teach us and carry us on our #journey for however long with #peace, #beauty, #wisdom and #gratitude. In my training as a #psychotherapist I have come across many #broken hearts, a lot of people come to #therapy because of this feeling of brokenness and what I love most about my work is that I watch individuals #grow #stronger from these #experiences and learn to open their hearts again. Don’t be #scared to love because you will always be ok… My parents are now with new partners that make them incredibly happy and they are my #inspiration for not holding on to the hurt from the past. So don’t be afraid to open your #heart and #love… To the end of the #universe… and back again 😘 – Jasmine Jarchevska, Nurse The Soul